In 2023, where will police officers find the best tactical boots? So, let’s get this ball rolling. The glue that holds the community together is police officers and law enforcement specialists. They protect and serve the public, working hard hours merely to keep the public safe.
As a law enforcement officer, you’re reportedly given a lot of equipment to keep you safe while also helping you accomplish your job more efficiently. However, footwear is not always included in the standard-issue material package.
Anyone who works in law enforcement should invest in a pair of tactical boots. They’re designed to meet all of the unimaginable challenges you confront on a daily basis. Whether you’re on patrol and walking in inclement weather or chasing after a criminal through an unfamiliar area, the last thing on your mind should be how uncomfortable or unsuitable your boots are.
You’ll need a pair of high-quality tactical boots to complete your work, and they should be able to handle whatever the day throws at you. On the market, there are various options. When good financial decisions do exist, the majority of them will not help you while you are serving the public.
You must look beyond pricing to select the appropriate pair of tactical boots, and you must consider comfort, performance, and protection. Here is a list of 15 tactical boots that you should check out. Among these options, the ideal tactical boot for police is Bates Men’s GX-8 Gore-Tex Waterproof Side Zip Boot because these are the most comfortable boots while you standing, walking, or running all day.
Our Top 3 Recommendations
Best Tactical Boots for Police – 10 TOP Picks in 2023 Summary
|1. Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Classic Side Zip Boot||See On Amazon|
|2.Bates Men’s Ultralite Tactical Sport Side Zip Boot||See On Amazon|
|3. Under Armour Men’s Valsetz Rts Tactical Boot||See On Amazon|
|4. Bates Men’s GX-8 Gore-Tex Waterproof Side Zip Boot||See On Amazon|
|5. 5.11 Tactical ATAC Men’s Leather Boots||See On Amazon|
|6. Magnum Men’s Stealth Force 6.0 SZ Boot||See On Amazon|
|7. TACTICAL RESEARCH Men’s Khyber Side-Zip Tactical Boot||See On Amazon|
|8. Danner Men’s Tachyon GTX Duty Boot||See On Amazon|
|9. Danner Men’s Acadia Boot||See On Amazon|
|10. Danner Men’s Lookout Side-Zip Black Tactical Boot||See On Amazon|
Best Tactical Boots for Police – 10 TOP Picks in 2023 At a Glance:
- 1. Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Classic Side Zip Boot
- 2.Bates Men’s Ultralite Tactical Sport Side Zip Boot
- 3. Under Armour Men’s Valsetz Rts Tactical Boot
- 4. Bates Men’s GX-8 Gore-Tex Waterproof Side Zip Boot
- 5. 5.11 Tactical ATAC Men’s Leather Boots
- 6. Magnum Men’s Stealth Force 6.0 SZ Boot
- 7. TACTICAL RESEARCH Men’s Khyber Side-Zip Tactical Boot
- 8. Danner Men’s Tachyon GTX Duty Boot
- 9. Danner Men’s Acadia Boot
- 10. Danner Men’s Lookout Side-Zip Black Tactical Boot
Best Tactical Boots for Police – 10 TOP Picks in 2023 Reviews
1. Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Classic Side Zip Boot
Police tactical boots were first made by this company, which was one of the first to create such footwear. This outstanding pair of police boots are the result of all that hard work. Sturdy and supportive when worn, the Men’s Metro 9″ tactical side-zip boots are a great choice for the outdoors.
These boots are so comfy that you may wear them all day. They include a cushioned heel air cell and a molded phylon EVA midsole for added comfort. As you wear shoes, their non-marking rubber soles even provide some comfort.
This tactical boot is all about comfort and ease of use. Law enforcement officers have grown to rely on this type more than any other because of its plain look. The polishable leather and nylon uppers, which do not contain any metal, are another example of this convenience.
- Good looks with a rugged edge.
- The exterior is made of leather and nylon.
- Cushioning heel air cell
- Boots with side zips and a high ankle relief height of 9 inches
- For added comfort, the EVA midsole is molded from phylon.
- Each pair of these boots only has a hefty 1 lb. weight.
- CONS: There isn’t enough protection for your toes.
2.Bates Men’s Ultralite Tactical Sport Side Zip Boot
The uppers of Bates’ high-top boots are made of leather and cloth. The shaft has an 8-inch circle near the arch that provides excellent ankle and calf support. All the way up, laces are employed to present a bespoke fit.
Nonetheless, a side zipper is included, allowing you to put the boots on in seconds. A removable insole adds to the comfort. A breathable lining helps to keep the sweat away.
It nearly feels like you’re wearing an athletic shoe while you’re wearing these leather/nylon boots. The replaceable inserts and breathable linings of these boots make them even more comfortable. The police boots also have a thick rubber outsole that is slip-resistant.
- Athletic boot with a lot of flexibility
- Production is 70 percent leather and 30 percent nylon.
- Breathable lining/cushioned detachable insert
- 8″ high ankle boots with a side zip
- Slip resistance is provided by the rubber sole.
- Each weighs just over 1.2 lbs.
- On some types of flooring, it can be a touch noisy
3. Under Armour Men’s Valsetz Rts Tactical Boot
Especially, it would be perfect for infantry use of restriction courses as it offers versatility and foot-strike supervision that allows you to quickly transition from impact to propulsion. This Police also presents ample shock absorption and superior cushioning for your feet, especially in the heel and forefoot area.
The fully contoured EVA midsole adapts to your foot and cushions in just the right places, plus an Ortholite sock liner is stressed for even more cushioning and less slippage of the heel.
The lining of these boots is breathable and water-resistant, yet, the outside of the boot is water-resistant but not perfectly waterproof. With an extra water-resistant statement, the boots will be better protected from the components.
Correspondingly important is the on and off-road traction given by the rubber outsole, it’s also implemented with a textured, high-abrasion rubber toe to further shield your feet.
- Micro G foam cushioning
- Proprietary ClutchFit technology
- Breathable and water-repellant
- 7” high boots help the ankle too
- Low-profile rubber bottom
- Each boot weighs just over 2 lbs.
- This is a light-in-weight and waterproof pair of tactical boots
- The outsole is made using rubber thus contributing improbable traction across the largest surfaces
- The shoes are convenient to wear.
- Not a completely waterproof boot
4. Bates Men’s GX-8 Gore-Tex Waterproof Side Zip Boot
The Bates Ultra-Lites GTX Waterproof police Boots weigh in at only 3 lbs. which is exceptionally nice if you’re continually on the move.
They are waterproof, so your feet will remain dry through puddles or wet rainy climates. Created with full-grain ballistic nylon and leather uppermost and with a fully cushioned detachable insert inside, they give support and ample comfort during long wear.
The Ultra-Lites outsole prevents slips and gives great adhesion on numerous surfaces. This is a soft-toe boot equipped with an easy side zip function permitting you to get your boots on and off immediately.
- The boot has a ridiculous construction that guarantees its durability
- These are police waterproof boots
- Molded EVA midsoles
- The side zipper makes it straightforward to both wear and takes off the boots
5. 5.11 Tactical ATAC Men’s Leather Boots
5.11 Tactical boots are well-known for their long-lasting quality, sturdiness, safety, and comfort, in addition to their secure closure mechanism. The Shock Mitigation technology, which is developed by the business, is available on a broad variety of police duty boots.
In terms of 5.11’s tactical police boots, the ATAC and XPRT are the most popular versions. We’ll discover why that is. For this reason, and others, the ATAC is a perennial favorite among law enforcement officers, military personnel, and other tactical professionals looking for the finest police boots.
Having to stand all day is the worst thing that can happen to a police officer. 5.11’s ATAC boots have injection-molded Phylon midsoles that provide all the additional support you need. With the non-metallic shank attached, you’ll be able to stand all day long without becoming the slightest bit restless.
- This is a strong, enduring, and satisfactory tactical boot
- The slip-resistant sole extends unbelievable traction to most facades
- These are great tactical police boots for running
- The boot is entirely water-resistant
- Leather and fabric development
- Unique synthetic sole
- Cushioning foam insole/Moisture-wicking lining
- 6” high boot offers generous ankle support
- Shock-reducing pattern
- The individual boot weighs 1.7 lbs.
- Not so much steel toe protection
6. Magnum Men’s Stealth Force 6.0 SZ Boot
If you are always putting your life in danger to save others like police and military duty people, then you need suitable boots to protect your feet. That ridiculous pair of tactical boots is none other than the Men’s Stealth Force 6.0 by Magnum.
The sturdy and tough boots come with a rubber outsole, a remarkably comfortable EVA midsole, as well as a sheepskin top to warrant that your feet have ample support, comfort, and protection. The EVA midsole also carries added underfoot sleekness, therefore assuring that your feet do not feel the ground impact.
Other unbelievable characteristics of these high gloss police boots introduce the YKK rounded zippers that allow for easy wear and removal of the boots and the composite shanks that allow support to your arches whilst preventing foot fatigue and strain.
- These are long-lasting as well as highly breathable tactical boots
- Their great-traction rubber outsole is proficient in handling all kinds of terrain
- These shoes are water-resistant
- Greatly stylish
- Union leather/nylon external construction
- Moisture-wicking and breathable lining
- 8” high over-the-ankle boots for comfort
- Steel shank heal support
- Each boot weighs only 1.3 lbs.
- The boots have a stiff and narrow fit
7. TACTICAL RESEARCH Men’s Khyber Side-Zip Tactical Boot
Well, most of the other days are super fast-paced. There are times when you will be faced with what seems like weeks of hard action policing duty that involves fighting, chasing, retreating, and of course, overcoming an attacker.
The Belleville TR960Z Boots are made with the most premium and most enduring leather known to man. Forget pigskin or goad hide; we’re discussing full-out, full-on, full-grain cowhide leather that is superintended to last many lifetimes.
And just like a tank, you still need some moveable quarters for maneuverability. The rock-hard leather uppers consolidate a little nylon fabric here and there for just the right amount of elasticity.
We’re not saying that these are not some of the most basic compounds that policemen find themselves battling, but you’d be astonished just how many different types of chemicals coppers run into. Luckily, the Belleville TR960Z Tactical Boots are ASTM rated and certified as oil, petrol, and lubricant resistant.
- Men’s Waterproof Side Zipper Black Duty Boot
- 100% cowhide leather and nylon fabric top
- Side zipper entrance with mildewed safety overlay
- Full-grain cowhide leather & nylon fabric upper
- Soft, shock-absorbent EVA midsole
- Low profile sole decreases weight & improves mobility
- Sharp angled lugs and defined heel maximize traction
- Extremely breathable Air Mesh moisture-wicking lining
8. Danner Men’s Tachyon GTX Duty Boot
Full-grain waterproof leather and a Gore-Tex inner designed to keep your feet dry and warm when the weather or environment is not are the features of the Danner Tachyon GTX Duty boots.
With an EVA midsole for cushioning and shock absorption, these boots will absorb the brunt of the impact rather than your feet, allowing you to focus on the task at hand. In addition, a polyurethane footbed with enough ventilation is highlighted.
A speed lace-up system with long-lasting brass hardware provides ample comfort while enabling you to get the boots on and off fast. In summation, the outsoles are rubber with pentagonal lugs for excellent traction and facade contact.
Police often like the option to polish their boots and this appropriate brand emphasizes a polishable toe that can be shined to suit inspection.
- The shoes are made using 100 percent leather which guarantees their durability
- The boots highlight a waterproof design
- Molded EVA midsoles
- The boot’s footbed allows great shock absorption
9. Danner Men’s Acadia Boot
Are you in the research of both suitable as well as durable police boots? If that is the case then you’ll be fascinated by this special pair by Danner. These boots are extremely durable, convenient, slip-resistant, and most influential of all, they will make sure that your feet are continuously fresh and odor-free all through.
This is really a complete package; what more could one want from their police boots? This footwear feels more like sneakers that carry the most powerful comfort levels, thus making your demanding day better.
In extension, the top-quality leather used in the production of these boots makes them pretty durable. You can wear these boots for many seasons before they finally wear out. And the greatest part is that these boots are breathable thus guaranteeing that your feet are constantly dry and comfortable all through.
With these boots, you don’t have to worry about the surface you are walking on thanks to the slip-resistant outsole. The outsole presents the traction needed to ensure your stability on the ground.
- These boots emphasize a scratch-resistant shaft that guarantees the protection of your feet
- The slip-resistant outsole guarantees your stability on slippery grounds
- Molded EVA midsole
- Highly Waterproof
- Slip-resistant and water-resistant
- Pricey Boot
10. Danner Men’s Lookout Side-Zip Black Tactical Boot
It’s not very often that you see a solidly built side-zip boot that is super comfortable to wear too, but Danner has managed to do just that with this tactical boot. It’s also a good-looking 8” high over-the-ankle boot whose black color will go great with any uniform you pair it with.
Part of these police boots’ unbelievable comfort is Danner’s proprietary comfort system. That system features such things as a dual-density footbed and strategically placed material that allows superior airflow.
Adding to the durability of this tactical boot is its full-grain leather and tear-resistant ballistic nylon top. Its rubber bottom is also intended to add a good measure of slip revolution as you go across any type of surface too.
- Excellent airflow
- Full-grain leather/Ballistic Nylon upper
- Exclusive comfort system w/dual-density footbed
- 8” high ankle relief boots
- Slip-resistant rubber sole
- These side-zip boots weigh just over 1 ½ pounds each
- Lightly insulated
Shopping for Best Tactical Boots for Police Online
If you live in a provincial area or are continually finding yourself stating “I cannot find tactical work boots near me,” then shopping online may be your only choice.
If this is the case you must be careful about what you buy because you will be helpless to try the duty boots on before you make your purchase, but it is a lot of option to look at the boots, check the specifications and then go to the purchase according to your budget.
Look for suggestions from fellow officers or analysis online reviews that come from verified buyers. But do grasp in mind that overall comfort and fit will always be subjective.
To find the best Tactical Boots online you need to spend close attention to the duty boot’s technical innovations. Check the boot’s insole and midsole features and make sure they offer some arch support to block foot tiredness.
Look for police boots that state they have good shock absorption and an energy rebound regularity, which will help propel you forward and that will reinvigorate the feet.
How to Clean & maintain Police Boots?
Some of the higher-end police boots can set you back several hundred dollars or even more. When you invest that much money in a product, you want to be sure you keep it in good working order.
To learn how to do this, we’ll provide you with fascinating information on how to care for your new tactical boots. That way, you’ll be able to use them for a long time before having to replace them.
Here are some suggestions for polishing, washing, and cleaning your shoes:
Allow your boots to break in around the home for a few days before wearing them out in the field. When you initially wear them out at work, this will make them more comfortable.
- Take off your boots every day. When dirt, mud, and other substances are left on your boots, the material they’re comprised of dries up and degrades faster.
- Keep your footwear dry at all times. This makes the material they’re constructed of stay longer, and it also prevents them from smelling, which is a significant plus.
- Treat the boot matter on a regular basis. In the footwear industry, there are a plethora of lotions, oils, and other shoe remedies that can help extend the life of your boot. This is especially true if your boots are made of materials like leather or suede. The manufacturer’s instructions will usually teach you how to care for your police boots specifically.
- Keep lubricant, oils, and petroleum-based items away from the soles. It’s also a good idea to clean and rinse your outsoles at least once a week. This is because petroleum-based compounds and grease can degrade the outsole of your police boot if they are exposed to them for an extended period of time.
We guarantee that if you take the time to follow these simple procedures, your new tactical boots will last far longer than you expected.
One Final Thought
Our top pick is Bates Men’s Ultralite Tactical Sport Side, Zip Boot. It is our suggestion, but consider what works best for you in your appropriate line of work. In an intimate survey done of New Jersey police officers, the majority opted to purchase varied pairs of less costly tactical shoes, over more expensive high-end models, because the job is so tough on their footwear. The officers cited that; while the shoe’s performance on the job is surely key, they did not deem it practical to pay them more money for all the bells and whistles that come with the very costly high-end styles.