The fact that you have searched for this article means you’ve probably had some problem with the lace boots and decided enough is enough with the frequent bending over to tie laces. And honestly, that’s a smart choice because the best side zip tactical boots provide much more than just convenience.
Our Top 3 Recommendations
Best Side Zip Tactical Boots [According To Experts 2023] Summary
|1. Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Metro Air Waterproof Side-Zip Boot||See On Amazon|
|2. Thorogood Men’s Gen-flex2 Waterproof Composite Safety Toe Boot||See On Amazon|
|3. Iron Age Men’s Ia0195 Hauler Industrial & Construction Boot||See On Amazon|
|4. HQ ISSUE Men’s Waterproof Side Zip Desert Boots||See On Amazon|
|5. Danner Men’s Kinetic Side-Zip GTX Work Boot||See On Amazon|
|6. Timberland PRO Men’s Valor Waterproof Side Zip Work Boot||See On Amazon|
|7. Kamik Men’s Champlain2 Snow Boot||See On Amazon|
|8. Bates Men’s Velocitor Waterproof Side Zip Work Boot||See On Amazon|
|9. Thorogood Men’s Gen-flex2 Series Tactical Side Zip Boot||See On Amazon|
|10. Magnum Men’s Stealth Force 8.0 Side Zip Waterproof I-Shield Tactical Boot||See On Amazon|
Best Side Zip Tactical Boots [According To Experts 2023] At a Glance:
- 1. Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Metro Air Waterproof Side-Zip Boot
- 2. Thorogood Men’s Gen-flex2 Waterproof Composite Safety Toe Boot
- 3. Iron Age Men’s Ia0195 Hauler Industrial & Construction Boot
- 4. HQ ISSUE Men’s Waterproof Side Zip Desert Boots
- 5. Danner Men’s Kinetic Side-Zip GTX Work Boot
- 6. Timberland PRO Men’s Valor Waterproof Side Zip Work Boot
- 7. Kamik Men’s Champlain2 Snow Boot
- 8. Bates Men’s Velocitor Waterproof Side Zip Work Boot
- 9. Thorogood Men’s Gen-flex2 Series Tactical Side Zip Boot
- 10. Magnum Men’s Stealth Force 8.0 Side Zip Waterproof I-Shield Tactical Boot
Best Side Zip Tactical Boots [According To Experts 2023] Reviews
1. Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Metro Air Waterproof Side-Zip Boot
Boots from the first SWAT team are well-known for a variety of reasons, but their remarkable level of luxury is one of the most important. Since its inception in 1999, the company has served a diverse range of customers while staying true to its core mission of providing superior tactical boots. Since then, it has grown even more and has never slowed down in its expansion.
This pair includes a non-metallic safety toe, which is just what you need as a security officer in order to avoid setting off any alarms. Additionally, the boots are resistant to bloodborne pathogens, which implies that if you come into touch with infected blood, you will not be affected by the shoes.
As with other shoes of this caliber, this footwear is water-resistant, so your feet will remain dry at all times. When utilized on hard surfaces, air technology improves the level of cushioning even further.
Features and Spec:
- Full-grain leather
- Durable Vislon pattern side zipper
- An extra layer of toughness is provided by the top
- Easy-to-clean PU collar
- Rust-proof hardware made from non-metallic materials
- The phylon EVA midsole is custom-molded.
- The Texon platform provides lateral stability.
- Nylon shanks that are safe for airports.
- Stitched heel and toe for long-term use.
- Metro is long-lasting, safe, and slick-free.
2. Thorogood Men’s Gen-flex2 Waterproof Composite Safety Toe Boot
They’ve been around since 1918 when Albert Weinbenner started making Thorogood boots, and they’ve kept up with the times by constantly tweaking and improving their designs.
These shoes are really easy to put on, and the Goodyear Welt construction ensures that they will last a long time before needing to be replaced.
The composite toe and shank provide the shoe’s stability and support, so tripping over while wearing these boots should be a thing of the past. The rubber outsole and abrasion-resistant toe bumper provide additional foot protection in the event that you step on something sharp.
Features and Spec:
- Full-grain oil-tumbled leather
- The storm welt is made of Goodyear.
- Mesh spacer lining
- Compression Molded EVA with a Gel Heel Insert
- An all-metal shank
- Dual-Density Rubber/EVA Outsole in GEN-flex2
- Non-metallic on the whole.
- Rating for Electrical Danger
3. Iron Age Men’s Ia0195 Hauler Industrial & Construction Boot
Iron Age is an American footwear production company that began in 1918 and was the first company to manufacture safety-toe footwear. Although, the company became bankrupt in 2017 but was resurrected by Warson Brands for its ongoing potential. The company has continued producing high-quality Iron Age boots.
Strong but comfortable is what you need when you are out working on construction or industrial sites, and these best side zip boots are as strong as you could need. You can barely slip when wearing these boots, because of the sturdy PermaBound outsole.
The cushioned inserts are multi-purpose because, as they serve your feet with extra comfort, they also ensure you have stability, and your feet are kept steadily on the ground. Also, the durable, premium leather makes these boots remarkably classy.
Features and Spec:
- Full Grain Leather Upper
- Durable Polyurethane Outsole That Is Built With Permabond Technology
- Flex Met Internal Met Guard To Protect Against Heavy Objects
- Foot Force Footbed That Gives Extra Cushion And Support
4. HQ ISSUE Men’s Waterproof Side Zip Desert Boots
A member firm of Sportsman Guide, Guide Gear produces the HQ Issue brand. From footwear to clothing to camping gear to military excess, the company manufactures a wide range of products. It was founded in 1977 and began selling products under the HQ ISSUE name in 2012.
You’ll get hot and bothered if you’re hiking or participating in a field day. However, with HQ ISSUE’s waterproof moisture-wicking inside, you won’t have to worry about your feet becoming wet.
Aside from that, the rubber outsoles are very useful because they provide excellent grip to your feet, keeping them in place and providing enough comfort. There is little to no fatigue on the feet because the boots are so light. People with wide feet may find the shoes difficult to wear since they are too thin.
Features and Spec:
- Construction that is completely watertight
- Reliable traction thanks to a strong grip on the terrain
- Padded insole with a mesh lining.
- The tongue’s 3/4-gusseted design stops particles from entering
- For increased comfort, the tongue and collar are padded.
- Strong underfoot stability is provided by the steel shank.
5. Danner Men’s Kinetic Side-Zip GTX Work Boot
1932 was not the best year for the American boot trade because the quality had gone extremely downhill, and the industry was almost at its downfall. This is what awakened Charles Danner’s dream. He cherished nothing more than quality, and he noticed how the eminence of boots was deteriorating.
The boots have since then maintained their position in the market, and this is why, thanks to its puncture-proof kinetic outsole, the Danner Men’s Kinetic boot protects your feet from any crude objects you might step on. The sole also comes in handy when running and will help you go faster without the risk of slipping.
Your feet are always kept comfortable with the cushioned footbed even in the midst of the roughest surfaces. As expected, the boot is 100% waterproof, meaning your feet will always be dry. Yet, the rubber sole does not last as long as other shoes of the same value. Still, for the convenience, safety, and comfort they provide, you can’t go wrong.
Features and Spec:
- Full-grain leather is upper with a ripstop ballistic nylon lining that can be polished.
- GORE-TEX® liner provides waterproof and breathable protection.
- Polyurethane footbed with Ultralon cushioning technology.
- Low lug outsole for maximum surface contact
- Shanks are made of nylon.
- Easy on/off with side-zip closure.
6. Timberland PRO Men’s Valor Waterproof Side Zip Work Boot
Timberland is among the first and most well-known makers of footwear. It is an American-owned company that was founded in 1928 by Nathan Swartz, who started as a shoe stitcher.
The Timberland Pro McClellan is proof of just how much the company has evolved. This pair of boots is tough and will provide your feet with impenetrable protection, particularly if most of your days are spent in an industry where crude objects are lying around. One notable thing about the shoes is that they have shock absorbers, which prevent your feet from strain.
You can also wear boots on wet or slippery surfaces without having to worry about falling because the boots are conveniently built with slip and oil-resistant features. Additionally, the boots are made with breathable mesh to allow air penetration and a padded top collar for extra comfort.
Features and Spec:
- Waterproof leather construction with a waterproof membrane
- Dynamic Anti-Fatigue Technology
- Side zipper with zipper locker
- Non-metallic, non-magnetic toe cap resists corrosion
- Cement construction for flexibility and reduced break-in-time
- Lightweight molded EVA midsole for athletic performance
- Scotchgard™ protector by 3M® for stain resistance
- Slip and oil-resistant, non-marking outsole
7. Kamik Men’s Champlain2 Snow Boot
Family-owned William Cook and Charron Boot began making shoes at Kamik in 1898. However, Charron Boot was purchased by Cook’s family of firms in 1932 and has been ever since. Despite the fact that they’ve adapted to current fashions, their shoes retain a distinct vintage vibe.
This pair of work boots are built to withstand the rigors of the job, and that’s what they’re all about. In cold temperatures, these boots are a must-have. They keep your feet toasty warm thanks to the Thinsulate insulation employed in their manufacturing. The moisture-wicking lining also keeps out sweat and wetness.
On the front, you’ll find two high-quality YKK zippers that will last for years. The uppers of these boots are made of leather and rubber, which means they can endure a long time.
Features and Spec:
- The collar is padded, and the front is sealed with a zipper.
- 3M Thinsulate TM and foam protection weighing 200 grams each
- The 8 mm Zylex® felt heel provides additional protection and warmth.
- Waterproof and flexible synthetic rubber shell
- SNOWTREAD outsole with deep lugs for superior traction on snow
8. Bates Men’s Velocitor Waterproof Side Zip Work Boot
Bates is a footwear construction company that has been operational since 1885. In 1930, Bates was one of the companies that were contracted by the government to make shoes for soldiers during WWII, and it sold more than one million pairs during that time.
In 1969, Wolverine Worldwide purchased the company, and it first produced its bestselling Ultra-Lites in 2003. The company has managed to evolve with time and adapt to modern trends.
They are also extra comfortable, all credit to the dual-density cushioned inserts and the EVA midsole. We can’t forget the essence of the rubber outsole, which ensures your feet get exceptional grip and traction.
While some people avoid using zipper boots because some zippers are weak and damage easily, this is not the case with Velocitors; they are YKK nylon zippers, some of the strongest and most durable ever created.
Features and Spec:
- Waterproof leather and nylon mesh upper
- Exoskeleton design provides additional support
- A waterproof membrane keeps your feet dry
- Protective toe bumper
- Dual-density cushioned insert for added comfort
- Cushioned EVA midsole for added comfort
- Nylon Side Zipper for Easy On and Off
- Durable rubber outsole with enhanced arch support for stability
9. Thorogood Men’s Gen-flex2 Series Tactical Side Zip Boot
Thorogood is a Wisconsin footwear company subsidiary, and it is by far the best known. It is an American work boot brand that majors in high-quality boots aimed at giving comfort to the foot and convenience to the user.
The roots of Thorogood can be traced back to 1918 when Albert Weinbrenner began producing them for oil workers, miners, and rail workers. The demand for this kind of work was at the top, and this encouraged the production of the first safety-toed Thorogood workboot in 1943.
The name Thorogood means tough and durable, which is definitely what this boot is. The Gen Flex Zip Jump Boot will last you almost as long as a lifetime because of its Goodyear Storm-welt construction, which is exceptionally durable.
Thanks to the removable polyurethane-EVA footbed, the boots are quite comfortable and contribute extra support. The boots also present quite a tight yet comfortable grip, and this can enable you to run or walk on snow and in the rain with consistent stability.
Features and Spec:
- Toe Cap and Heel Counter in Genuine Leather
- Goodyear Storm Welt is used in construction.
- Mesh Liner for Spacers
- Removable Polyurethane Footbed/EVA Cushion Flex Special
- Composite Engineered Shank
- The Outsole is made of a dual-density rubber
- YKK Zipper with Velcro Closure on the Side
10. Magnum Men’s Stealth Force 8.0 Side Zip Waterproof I-Shield Tactical Boot
Founded by Frank Van Wezel, Magnum Boots are a product of his enthusiasm for athletics. Magnum was introduced by Frank, who already owned a Hi-Tec Company. His goal was to create light and comfortable shoes for sports.
Because of this, Frank began manufacturing Magnum Boots in 1982 in order to meet the needs of the FBI center for lightweight tactical boots. As word spread about the product, more work was done to enhance its quality. To this day, people wear these boots, and they’re excellent for wearing with a uniform.
This is the most fashionable and long-lasting boot brand out there. The full-grain leather and high-strength nylon utilized in the production of the boots make them more durable and appealing.
In addition to being extremely comfortable, the uppers are made of a textile material that allows for greater air circulation.
The boot’s grip is likewise outstanding, and the YKK zipper adds to its comfort and longevity. For extended treks, the outsoles of these shoes are built to resist a great deal of stress and pressure without breaking down. It’s safe to say that these boots will serve you well for many years to come.
Features and Spec:
- High-performance tactical boots with safety toe protection
- Full-grain leather and 1680 denier nylon mesh uppers
- Airport-friendly composite toe protection
- Waterproof/breathable membrane technology
- YKK side-zippers – easy on/off
- Moisture-wicking Cambrelle.
- Durable non-metallic construction
- Lightweight composite shanks – superior stability
Buying Guide Of Best Side Zip Tactical Boots
Waterproof Zipper Fabric.
The most durable and high-quality side zip tactical boots come with two main types of zipper material. The first one is plastic and the other one is metal. The zipper teeth are either made from plastic or from metal. Plastic zippers have one advantage and that is they are lightweight as compared to metal zippers. But metal zippers are more durable and sturdy in nature. Some boot manufacturers produce water-resistant and fireproof zippers.
The fine stitch and the actual zippers can be made waterproof and fireproof. This is very essential for law enforcement and military personnel. If you are looking for a quality side zip tactical boot, always prefer a tactical boot that has a zipper made from waterproof and fireproof fabric.
Secure and Snug Fitting
Tactical boots that come with side zippers provide higher comfort and secure fitting for the user. You can even put on and take off these boots very easily; thanks to the inclusion of side zippers. You need to check how the boot fits your feet before you buy it. Some side zippers do provide comfort but some make fitting uncomfortable if you choose the wrong-sized boot. So it’s always suggested to buy the right sized boot for your feet if you want a side zip tactical boot.
Vertical Interlocking Tracks
Some tactical boots do not provide vertical interlocking tracks for their side zippers. Such boots come up with somewhat curved interlocking tracks. This can cause discomfort for the user and regular use can also easily break these zippers due to their curved position. So always look for tactical boots that appear quite vertical interlocking tracks for their size zippers.
Hook and Loop Tab-Stay Closure
Few experts and well-known tactical boot manufacturers like Original S.W.A.T., Magnum, bates, etc. provide hook and loop tab-stay closures along with their side zippers. This type of closure delivers a great task of keeping the side zips more secure and damage-free. The zipper pull tab can be secured easily with the help of this hook and loop closure feature. Accordingly, we also recommend you opt for a tactical boot that provides this feature.
We have collected well-Quality tactical boots having an extra quality Side-zip because it works for you faster, and make you ready in very little time. A boot that contains both laces and a zip is an excellent pair of boots. Our top pick from one of them is Magnum Men’s Stealth Force 8.0 Side Zip Waterproof I-Shield Tactical Boot.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do Tactical Boots Have Zippers?
Zippers have many pros in tactical boots. The major advantage is that they can easy to take off and also put on very quickly. Even you can easily take them off in your home or your working place to avoid any dirt. As they can be very useful in many emergencies.